Wednesday, May 4, 2011

How can Tysabri be a benefit

After Tysabri was suggested, I had alot of questions. Scared about the fatal brain infection that I could get and I just couldn't understand how Tysabri could work better.

First I was told that developing the brain infection was very slim, but they watch anyways for signs of it, so they can prevent the problem.

Like other MS treatments Tysabri works the same just more intense. That is why it is given once every 4 weeks. Ok, so what? How does this help me and my body? A nurse explained that the body will repair itself, if allowed the time to do it. Like, when someone donates a part of their liver, it will grow back in about 2 years. Nerves can grow back too. With MS, your nerves are exposed and damaged and they never get a break from the immune system to do the repairing. The Tysabri is tougher and keeps the immune system from attacking so that the body can begin a repair process. Many people have said that many of their problems from MS have gone away and they are able to walk again and many other wonderful things.

I have had two treatments so far and I can't wait to see what repairs my body has been able accomplish. This is getting a little exciting, since some people said their good fortune started showing after 3rd treatment. Hope so for me, looking forward to enjoying this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment