I have 3 kids. 1 girl and 2 boys, 16, 13, and 5. They have done ok with me having MS, the older kids remember when mom could do it all, so sometimes they give me a hard way to go. The youngest one has only known mom to be sick, so the little guy likes to help or do for himself, which can be scary.Sometimes they make me feel like I am just a burden them, but when I had my heart attack, it scared them so much that they behaved better with me. I feel bad for them that I can't go with them like I use to. I miss being at practices, scout meetings, school things, etc. I use to be the chauffer and I loved it! The ex-husband tries, but it has never been his cup tea. At least he drives me around and goes shopping with me, which is not one of his favorite things, but he is becoming a pretty good sport.
I just don't know how to get through to the kids, to be more co-operative. It is hard enough, but they sure can make it even harder on me. They don't understand that I know it is difficult on them having a sick mom, who is unable to be like the other moms. They don't realize that is very hard on me, especially when I know I use to do those things easily.
No comments:
Post a Comment