Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mom Teaches

With today being Mother's Day I really tried to think about moms. I'm a mom who feels ordinary, unlike my super mom.

Without my mom I don't think I would be able to deal with my MS. She is a rock with a brain. She seems to know how to pick the doctor's brain. I am trying to learn how she does it, but I do have a long way to go. She even knew how to research new treatments that are still in their trial stages, but unfortunately I am not a candidate for the trials, so she asked the doctor to get a little more aggressive with my care. I would have just accepted what was said, but no not my mom, with tears in her throat she demanded that they  help me. The doctor got me a referral to more aggressive doctor at a MS clinic and that is where I am at right now. Hope the treatment that she has chosen will make a big difference in my life.

My mom is trying to teach me to be more active and aggressive in my health. It is a hard lesson, but I am trying to take good notes. I still take her with me to my visits, because I don't always think as fast as her on my feet. My mom only has her GED that she received in her 50's and she is much smarter than some people with a Bachelor degree. I thank God for giving me my mom every day.

Thanks mom for being there to hold my hand and lead me. Your the greatest!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment